15 THINGS TO CARRY WITH YOU WHEN AUDITIONING
Getting that audition is probably one of the most awesome feelings an actor can get. And in most cases, are last minute, which is great. But as we are running out the door, we sometimes forget little things. And that's what this list is about "THINGS" an actor you should bring to an audition even if it means putting them in your backpack or handbag:
1. Water - Yes, that all important element that keeps us hydrated, clears our throat and keeps us calm...Add a little lime and you're good to go.
2. Snack Food - I recommend something healthy, like fruit or trail mix, or even a healthier to keep your energy up!
3. Dental Floss/Tooth Brush & Toothpaste - For a great audition, a great clean smile goes a long way.
4. Mints - Refreshing, keeps your mouth clean. #Altoids are great!
5. Headshot/Resume - Your Number #1 Branding Tool, extremely important and necessary.
6. Business Cards - Just as necessary as your headshot, a business card is a great compact branding tool that should include your photo, name, contact info, website and Social Media links.
7. Highlighter/Pen - An actors true friend when getting sides.
8. Make-Up! - Both male and female actors should wear light make-up to an audition for purposes of removing shine, a little powder will do.
9. Comb/Brush/Hairspray - You want to always look your best and be presentable. A little light hair fix helps a lot.
10. Tissues - Great when they want you to cry on cue or if you need it as a prop for a scene.
11. Hand Lotion - Keeps your hands soft, great if you are auditioning for a hand model job.
12. Phone Charger - Very important that your phone is always charged, especially if you are going from audition to audition, job to job, and staying in touch with your agent/manager.
13. Comfortable Shoes - I recommend Rockport shoes, for both men and women, comfortable, great for traveling in the big city and stylish too!
14. A Friend - Now while you can't fit this person in a handbag, you can bring them along for moral support.
15. Thank-you Notes, Pen & Stamps- Talk about going a long way! Yes, snail mail is still vital these days and is more tangible than a cold email. A very nice thank you letter means a lot and makes you memorable, especially, if you personalize it!
Stay Calm, let your nerves work for you and get that Call Back!!!