The Actors Brand! With the ever-growing population of actors out there in LaLa Land, in order to stand out from the rest, an actor needs to build their brand. While some actors will use social media to post photos and list their latest roles, a key element that most actors overlook is having a great website to keep 5 key elements in one place. These elements create a picture of who you are making you look professional and at the same time memorable to Casting Directors and Agents/Managers.
So without further ado, here are the 5 Key Elements To A Great Acting Website:
1. Headshots- The Number One element in getting you in the forefront. This should be on the first page of your website. It should also be linked together with your Resume and accessible through a PDF download. I recommend having a couple of different Headshots on your website where you are smiling with confidence in a few and perhaps a few that show a bit of intrigue, something deep and meaningful about your character type.
2. Resume. Your resume, in addition to your headshot should always be available for download and should be linked together with your Headshot. It should be in PDF format and make sure to always update it whenever, you have added a new role to your roster, or have taken a new class or learned a new skill.
2. Reel. Your Reel just as your headshot and resume is also a key element in building your Brand. Even if you have a few small clips of your acting ability, have it professionally done, and create a link to Youtube. Make sure to have a couple of stills from the scene.
4. Blog: A blog is a great way to get the Latest News about your ac=ting career thus far.. You can write about the latest audition you were on, or what classes you have taken, maybe recommend some of the great acting coaches you have had, and you can even recommend great acting books that have helped you. See it's always good to share your experiences with others and it makes you stand out. I recommend that you update this every month or so.
5. Contact Info: It is always important to let people know where to find you. A professional email address with your name, and a Google Number. As opposed to listing your own personal number a Google Phone Number gives you a bit more privacy, while still allowing people to reach you and it also looks professional. You can have this info on your first page and last page as well.
**BONUS** You can link all your Social Media accounts throughout your website. The footer on each page works. See, now you can link your website to your Social Media and vice versa. And you thought I would forget.
So there you have it. If you need help, ask me, and I may build one for you.. Please share this article with your fellow actors.